Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Ekphrasis...

Picture 1: The Sketching Hands.

Take your strength from those that need you. Two hands, drawing each other. One lives off the other. If not for one, the other would not be. Ask yourself, who is my driving force? Who can I not do without? You will feel strangely reassured if you ponder over the question a while, for I say with utmost certainty, that individual cannot do without you either.

When destiny calls you must be strong
I may not be with you but you have to hold on
They’ll see in time
I know, well show them together.

For one so small you seem so strong,
My arms will hold you keep you safe and warm,
This bond between us can’t be broken
I will be here, don’t you cry.

Phil Collins – You’ll be in my heart.

Picture 2: The Waving Hands.

Lunging for something, just out of reach. Calling out, begging her to stay back. Reminiscing in days gone by, resigning myself to the painful truth. Begging her to save me from the nothing I have become.

Suitcase of memories, time after some time
You picture me; I’m walking too far ahead
You’re calling to me; I can’t hear what you have said
And you said ‘go slow, I fall behind’
The second hand unwinds…

If you’re lost, you can look and you will find me, time after time…
If you fall, I will catch you, I’ll be waiting, time after time…
If you fall, I will catch you, I’ll be waiting, time after time…
Time after time…

Eva Cassidy – Time after time.


Picture 3: Which one is real, the image or the reflection?

What would you do…
If my heart was torn in two?
More than words to show I feel…
That my love for you is real…

What would you say…
If I took those words away,
Then you couldn’t make things new
Just by saying, ‘I love you…’

Extreme - More than words.

Picture 4: Landscape and the Light.

Where is she? Where is the central figure? The image seems like a postcard, matter of fact and formal without her, detached of feeling and emotion. Perhaps, the light is far too bright for her soul in its current state. She hides herself…away from this surreal, utopian setting.

And I don’t want the world to see me,
Because I don’t think that they’d understand,
When everything is meant to be broken,
I just want you to know where I am.

Iris - Goo goo Dolls.

Many years have passed,
Since those summer days
Among the fields of barley
But I swear on the days still left
We’ll walk in field of gold.

Sting – Fields of Gold

Picture 5: The Dog and the Moon…

And man called out to God. God in all his glory answered back with a thundering voice ‘which, of all my wonders, do you want?’ And man, thought a while, conjuring a request that matched His bestowing ability. “The moon, give me the moon…” said man. “The moon, it is” said God as he lowered the stairway to heaven. The line between agnostic and devotion is thin. We all wait for incidents, miracles that leave us with no option but to submit. We need not wait. If one looks with the discerning eye, you shall find his presence in everything…


The kingdom of God is inside you and all around you,
Break a piece of wood and you shall find me,
Life a stone and I am there… (Stigmata – The movie)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home