Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Paul.

Students file in, pockets full of mischief and glee. They groan as handouts are distributed in class. "Sir, but its the first day" they plead. "Lines of Symmetry!" I order in an orotund boom. Silence ensues. I am pleased.
I list the types of polygons. "Octagon; eight sides. Octopus; eight tentacles." I paused for a moment. "Which octopus received considerable media coverage this summer?"
"SIR, PAUL!" said the class in unison, smiling as they did.

A year has passed since I've been teaching. Today, I am content. Yes, still I have many aspirations. Theres that elusive degree, theres that foreign posting, there are houses and cars and college funds. But today, these are not my worries. Today, I am the alpha and it is my turn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home